Wednesday, June 26, 2013

So Let Me Live That I Am Not...

   I admit that when I read the Scriptures for today, nothing at all jumped out at me. I even read them through two or three times and still nothing. Then I happened to look at the listing of the passages for this day and noticed that the authors of the site had not shown, on the page, all the verses that they had put down for the reading. There were 11 verses that did not show up on the reading page.

   All that said, I thought there might be a reason I noticed this, and so went back and looked them up. I guess I was looking hard for a reason because of my inability to find something in the other sections. I did not want to just make up something to write about, but to feel led. I did not want to fake a leading just to sound good. I want whatever I write to be truthful and a result of a prompting by God's Spirit.

   It is kind of like my picture from yesterday. With its size in the blog being as small as it was, it would be easy to pretend that it was a great shot. But deep down I knew that the picture would not stand up under close scrutiny because of its fuzzy detail. That I did not want.

   Back to those 11 verses for today. The words come from Psalm 109: 20-30:

"be ashamed"

"clothed with shame"

"own disgrace"

   I do not want to look back with shame on anything that I do, or write. I want my words to be reflective of something that God has pointed out to me. I don't have an example photograph of "shame", except maybe in my mind, which I can't get in here, but I do know what it feels like.

   If someone tells me that a thought, or even a photo, in a blog post was right on target, I want to know that it was truly what I felt and not faked for appearance sake.

   My prayer this morning is twofold:

      That I would so live that I would not be ashamed, and

      That God would not be ashamed of me, either

   My wife tells me that there is a good gospel song that would go right along with this, but neither of us  can think of it. Maybe I'll be led to it tomorrow. I can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment