Thursday, June 20, 2013

What Is Waiting?

   For some reason, I don't know exactly what, ever since I got my new, actually refurbished, camera, I have seen things that are waiting. People waiting, inanimate objects waiting, just the theme of waiting has caught my eye.


or




   Now I know that objects do not have feelings, so cannot actually wait, but I see things that have been placed somewhere, by someone, that just seem to be in limbo, waiting for someone to use them, waiting for their purpose to be fulfilled.

   Sometimes I just snap a shot that seems to be interesting, but don't actually see it as part of a theme until much later. Like this one on Jekyll that was merely part of an interesting path to the sea.





   I paid no attention to what was at the end of the path at the time, but on later reflection, seemed to see an object that was waiting, for someone or something. It was a spot waiting to for its purpose to be realized.

   Was that a spot for me? Was someone led to place that bench right there for some purpose that he did not even know? What things might be thought about, or decided, on that spot? If not for me, for who?

   Does God place things in my life, people or objects, that have a purpose that I do not even see? Am I so busy doing nothing that I miss what is out there.

   It may not be this particular bench, but this shot get me to thinking about the things that God prepares for me to use, or see, or relate to, and, not just things, but people.

   This was only a shady path toward the ocean, but at the end...


For Who?

For What?

Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment