Friday, June 7, 2013

Celebrating the Times

   I guess I am still thinking about time this morning. Yesterday I wrote about my wife and the celebration of our 55th wedding anniversary today. I thought about how blessed I am to have her in my life for these years. As we peer into the future and try to see what this 56th year will be like, we just know that it is all in God's hands, and we can rest in that.

   And then last night, Dwayne, our oldest, sent me some pictures from the graduation program of his school up in Charlotte. Yesterday was an important time for those young people and a milestone for them and for the school. Their lives will be forever molded by their experiences on that campus and with those teachers who have led them in those high school years. They, too, are looking into the future, not knowing what this next year will bring.



   To follow on the time theme, tomorrow will bring our youngest son and his family to our Island for a week of vacation. We will get to be with those 3 kids for this time, and we anticipate a great time with them and their parents.

   Three time periods to think about. My married life for the past 55 years, the present in the form of the graduation, and a new beginning for those high school seniors, and the future that will bring part of our family to our shores for this next week.

   Past, Present and Future.

   Today I can celebrate one, live in one and look forward to one.

   I think I will try to do all three and enjoy the time I have to do it, all the while figuring how to get Donna in this blog also. Oops, I just did it.

   Thankful, Again

No comments:

Post a Comment