Monday, March 10, 2014

A Blank Space

   A thought from this morning's readings: The day in front of me, if I looked at it in terms of what appointments are already filled in at this early hour, would consist of a couple of items with a lot of blank space between and around. When I get to the end of the day, what will be the most important, the scheduled items or the things that happened in all of those blanks?



   Do I spend my hours just filling in the blank spaces with stuff, or do I look for divine appointments that could be much more important than the things already planned for?

   What does God have planned in this day?

   Those thoughts reminded me of a blog post, written by my daughter over in Arkansas the other day. What she writes about looked unscripted at that time, but the way it played out sure looked like one of those divine appointments. I'll let her tell the story:

http://uniontrueheart.blogspot.com/

   Reading that really affected me. A chance encounter? Sure did not seem that way to me or to her. It was almost as if an angel had appeared and heaven had touched earth at that moment in time.

   I've got a lot of blanks in my calendar for today, a lot of chances for me to recognize others that may come and go in my story line for this time. Can an angel visit, or do I have the chance to be that "angel" in someone else's life?

   At the end of this day, how will the blank spaces have been filled in?

No comments:

Post a Comment