Friday, March 28, 2014

The Color Around Us

   What do I see when the news is on the TV?

   What do I read in the papers that come to my door or the emails that show up on my computer?

   What do I hear in meetings that I am involved in?

   Oftentimes, it is all about a world that is broken. From the national and international news, to the personal things that go on in the lives of people I know, it is hard to concentrate on the good out there because the bad screams so loudly.

   But there is good out there. Sometimes it seems hidden, but then there it is.

   Paul writes to the Philippians in his letter:

"Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies."

   The first thing that came to my mind this morning was color, a color that I had seen yesterday that reminded me that God, although He is fully aware of our troubles and the other stuff that is out there, chooses to bless us with color all around us.



   The world wants us to focus on our problems and those of others, and they are real to be sure, but there is more.



   God is in control. Out of the Winters of our lives come the Springs.

   Look around and see.




No comments:

Post a Comment