Monday, March 24, 2014

What Kind Of Blog Is This Anyway?

   Sometimes I wonder what is driving this blog. Is it the Scripture passage that I read, or is it the photography that I want to incorporate? Does it work together? Let's see.

   Last Thursday, I had a few minutes to kill before picking Mayre up, so I drove down to the Pier area with my camera in hand, just to look around. When I parked and looked there was this bench that seemed to be calling my name.



   Sitting down and looking around, I noticed this dead flower, intact, and sitting atop its stalk.



   As I thought about the flower, I noticed the comparison between it and the resurrection fern that had come to life on the live oak tree after a recent rain. That vibrant green coloring had been the same texture and color of the flower just a few days before that rainy bath.



   Looking further around the tree for more examples of the fern, I snapped this shot, but did not realize until I put it on the computer last night, that it was not fern at all but a new oak leaf sprouting out of the trunk. Neat!



   All of this was taking place in a radius of about 15 feet from my bench, but until I sat down and looked, I had not noticed. Good Stuff!

   Looming over all of this scene was my friendly light.



   There seems to be a message there also.

   Are there gems of life all around me, pictures that can be applied to my life, or life in general?

   Does this verse from Psalms 107 have any correlation?

"Whoever is wise, let him attend to these things;
let them consider the steadfast love of the Lord.

   Can it work?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment