Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Because He Loves You

   Because He Loves You....this simple, yet complex, phrase surfaced in my mind this morning and refused to go away.

   It has been a morning of an early breakfast meeting, then a trip home to a quiet condo, to sit down and read and think and pray. That sounds like a recipe for a meaningful time, but, even though the setting was good, the mind refused to cooperate.

   My mind was in motion, wandering from one thing to another. It just would not be still. I read from one site, then another, and then yet another one, searching for that word from God that would be mine for this day.

   When I closed my eyes to think or to pray, sleep tended to creep in and destroy what little concentration I had. What did God want to tell me today. I had given Him the time and made a place for listening, but there did not seem to be any response on His side. It was not as though He was beholden to me to come and give me something, I knew that, but I still wanted to hear.

   As I wondered at my inability to "get with the program", those words above broke through, but what did they mean in this context?

   I tend to forget that, in the various struggles of life, God still wants me to know that He loves me.

   A simple song:

Jesus loves me! This I know,
For the Bible tells me so;
Little ones to Him belong;
They are weak, but He is strong.


   Struggling is a part of life. Big or small they come, but just perhaps there is meaning in them, too. God can use them to remind me of what is important and encourage me to trust Him, not just in my time of weakness, but because of it.

   A simple message, I think not.

   Finally, the light comes.....




No comments:

Post a Comment