Sunday, June 3, 2012

Everything Will Work Out...

   One of my favorite things to say as our kids were growing up was "everything will work out".

   Now the following is not a movie recommendation, but there was a line from a film that we saw yesterday that went something like this: "Everything will work out right in the end. If it is not all right now, then realize that the end has not yet come".

   From a Christian point of view, the right end may not always come in this life, though it may, but will definitely be there in the second. God will make all things right.

   That movie line surfaced again to me as I sat and listened to the pastor's sermon this morning. He was talking about living a life in front of your children that will make their faith vital and alive. The takeaway was the question regarding how vital was my faith and how observable to my family.

   When we say that it will all work out, is it just a passive waiting time or more than that? It occurs to me that there is an active ingredient to the whole recipe. It is not just putting myself in all the right places and sitting back, waiting for all the right things to happen.

  If I put myself there and do not heed the voices that come out of those experiences, what good has it been for me to be there?

   God is in control, but He wants me to actively follow his leading, not just sleep and wait.

   And it will work out.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment