Thursday, June 7, 2012

Fifty-four

   One phrase from the reading this morning:

   “Blessed are you"

   That is my story as I look back on fifty-four years of marriage, and all those years with the same woman.

   Did I know back in 1958, what I was getting into? No Way! It is a good thing that God knew, even if I did not have a clue. Did I over marry? Sure, I got much more than I should have, definitely more than I deserved.

   Some would say that I was lucky, but I would reply that I was blessed. God knew all that would happen over this time, and He gave me a companion and friend that would see me through it all. Through the many good times we have had together and through some rough times also. The main thing was that He allowed us to share those times together.

   How many more are in front of us? On earth, there is no telling, but for eternity there is no counting, and that is worth a big Thank You.

  

   I am truly blessed...thanks be to God!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations you two!! The Lord has been gracious indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully stated, beautifully lived...your life with mayre lou. thanks for showing us how we are to live in love. peace to you both.

    ReplyDelete