Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Little Scary Sometimes

   What I say matters, and even the way I say it matters.

   There are some verses in Matthew 15 this morning:

   "what comes out of the mouth gets its start in the heart. It's from the heart that we vomit up evil arguments, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, lies, and cussing. That's what pollutes." (The Message)

   The tongue can be an instrument for good or bad. It is a powerful weapon and a powerful indicator of who a person is, really is.

   People judge me by the words that I speak, and I try to be careful in my speech, but there is One other that listens to me also.

   From the reading in Psalms 55 today:

   "He hears my voice."

   There are words that do not even reach my lips that are important, because God hears my voice. The audible one and the one of the heart are both accessible to Him. It is good to know that God hears me, but I want Him to hear the right things. I not only want to sound right, I want to be that way too.

  "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
Lordmy rock and my Redeemer." (ASV)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment