Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Foggy Day in....

   If there is a psychiatrist in the house, he or she might have a field day with all of this, but when I walked out the door this morning and looked into the foggy morning, I thought to myself, "this is a great day to walk".



   I'm not sure what it is about the fog, but I like it. The quietness of the morning with all sounds muffled is part of it, but maybe I like looking off into the distance and not being able to tell what is actually out there. I don't like it at 70 mph on the interstate with the possibility of a 50 car pile up, but, for a walking time, it may be my favorite.

   It is the same way when I get up to read in the morning. As I look at several verses, my first thought is to look and see what they might say to me, and what meaning they may have for the day in front of me. Part of me would like to have spelled out in those words on the page, just exactly what is in store for me in the day and days ahead, but the other part is glad that they are kinda foggy.

   As I try to live out each day at a time, and I try to see what God would have me think and do, I come back to the issue of trust. Do I trust God to give me the day he has for me, or do I try to work it all out in my mind beforehand? Do I worry about what might happen or simply let it come? I know He gives me a mind to think and consider alternatives, but do I want to be able to plan the smallest detail? Where is the trust in His goodness and plan? Do I want to be in control, which I do sometimes, or do I live out His word when He says He wants what is best for me?

   A lot of questions, and maybe not a lot of specific answers, but I'm working on the trust thing.

   When I walk out into the fog, I can see where I am right at that moment and in that place, it is only that "out there" that is not clear.

   And that can be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment