Monday, March 18, 2013

A Prayer For Today

   I read in Psalm 37 this morning:

"The steps of a man are established by the Lord,
And He delights in his way.
24 When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong,
Because the Lord is the One who holds his hand.
25 I have been young and now I am old,
Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken
Or his descendants begging bread.
26 All day long he is gracious and lends,
And his descendants are a blessing."


   And I make it my prayer for right now. I do not know what the day ahead of me may have in store, but I know the One who does.

   So I pray that my steps will be where He wants me to walk. Not only in the places I would go, but in the spirit and attitude that He wants me to portray.

   I pray that God will be delighted in where and how I go.

   I pray that, when I fall or fail, that He will be there to pick me up, to put my feet back on the right path and hold my hand as I proceed. Not if I fall, but when I fall.

   I know that I was once young, but now am old, but I pray that God will help me remember the way he has taken care of me and taken care of all His people.

   I pray that He will grant me to be gracious to all I meet this day, to be willing to take the time to give myself to all who come into my life today.

   And I pray that my descendants will be a blessing to those that they interact with today. That my children and grand children will let the light they have shine into the lives of others. That they might make their elders proud because of their concern for others. Not only for what they do, but for who they are.

   And I thank God that this Psalm was in my reading plan for today, causing me to pause and think, and pray.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment