Thursday, March 7, 2013

How About Them Apples?

   When I decided to take a free 30 day trial of a new photography software package, several people told me that the learning curve of this particular program was pretty steep. Well, I got it and they were correct. I have spent, maybe 10 hours, on this and haven't even mastered getting photos into the work stream yet, much less organizing them into different files where they can be found easily. I thought about this as I looked at the title the New American Bible Version had given to Psalm 71:                 

                 Prayer of an Old Man for Deliverance.


   And then these verses down in the body of that same Psalm:

"Do not cast me off in the time of old age;
Do not forsake me when my strength fails."

"And even when I am old and gray, O God, do not forsake me,"

   Now David was the author of these, and I know his take on life was probably much different also, but maybe he had some of the same problems as I do at this age.

   What do I feel about getting older? Well, I can't ride my bike as far, can't run at all, can't even walk as fast as I used to, can't outdrive anyone on the golf course, even if I hit from the senior tee box. Even when my mind says that I can get to that tennis return, my body doesn't. And those are just physical things.

   I can't think as well, write as well, spell as well or remember as well as I used to. That takes care of the mental side as well.

   So what's a body to do? Well, I believe that God knows all of the above, and He also knows that there are things that I can still do, or that I can do with my life now. I can't just sit around and mope about the things that I cannot do, there are other acts to perform, things to learn and thoughts to be thunk. God even has a plan for me in these years, if I will but listen to Him.

   After a bunch of hours yesterday, including even a private tutoring session with a professional photographer for an hour or so, I finally managed to edit one photo and change the look of this blogsite.

   Does that show that God does indeed answer the prayer of an old man? Could be.

   How about them apples!

                           

No comments:

Post a Comment