Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Prayer for a New Day and a New Year

   From Psalm 103 this morning:

" Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and all that is within me,
bless his holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits,
who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
who satisfies you with good
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."


   And from the pen of Matt Redman, a portion of the lyrics from a song:

The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes


   And the chorus from this song, 10,000 Reasons:

Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name


   And a question from my mind: How can I bless God? It is He that is doing the blessing, not me or anyone else.

   From another source, I read that the Hebrew word for blessed, and the word for knee seem to come from the same source, thus implying that as I humble myself on my knees before God, and show gratitude for His blessings, I do bless Him for all He has done.

   So the song that I sing early in the morning is sung in humility for all that He has done for me, all that I could have never done for myself, and my prayer is that this will be my attitude all through the day, so that the same song will still be on my lips when the day is done.

   Now that would be a Blessed Day, and a great way to begin this New Year.

   Let it be so....

No comments:

Post a Comment