Saturday, January 4, 2014

Not Can I, But Will I?

   While attending a meeting at our church last evening, a meeting regarding the practice of discipleship, first of all in my own life, and then in the life of the church, I saw in my own mind, a picture of open hands.



   What did this mean in the context of what I was hearing from the platform? Why this thought and picture right then?

   And why this thought returning to me this morning?

   Well, I am due to go back for the concluding sessions this morning, and I catch a glimpse of the intended meaning of the open hands. I see a sack, it looks like a bag of money, but it has writing on it that says "My Life". I sense that that bag is to be placed in those hands, not only put there, but left there for good.

   The thoughts from last evening are backed up this morning in the reading of a devotional entitled, The So-Reign Challenge, where the question is asked, "Is God Sovereign or Not?", and it applies to that scene.

   Trusting that God has worked in my life up to this point, do I leave the bag of my life in His hands, or do I try to take it back and work things out in my own way, doing what I want to do with His words and the picture He has presented?

   I know that God is Sovereign, and that He wants the best for my life. That would include my situations and all the people who occupy space in those. Do I trust Him enough to leave that bag in his hands? Even though I know nothing that will happen as even this day goes on, can I trust enough to just let it happen and look for His hand in it?

   I'll do my best, with His help.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment