Saturday, January 18, 2014

Take Heart

   Consider this conversation:

   Person 1: "There are so many things in my life now,  I just don't know what will happen. I'm frightened."

   Person 2: "Never fear, there is light at the end of the tunnel".

   Person 1: "That may be true, but, not only do I not see any light, I can't even find the tunnel".

   In the small Old Testament book of Habakkuk, the prophet writes these words:

"Though the cherry trees don’t blossom
    and the strawberries don’t ripen,
Though the apples are worm-eaten
    and the wheat fields stunted,
Though the sheep pens are sheepless
    and the cattle barns empty,
I’m singing joyful praise to God.
    I’m turning cartwheels of joy to my Savior God.
Counting on God’s Rule to prevail,
    I take heart and gain strength.
I run like a deer.
    I feel like I’m king of the mountain!"


   There was not much going right in his life either. Everything seemed to be moving south in a hurry, but he knew who to trust.

"Counting on God’s Rule to prevail,
    I take heart and gain strength."

   Sometimes as I write, a picture comes to mind, one that I have taken. This one seems to illustrate the situation that some I know are going through right now.



   I like this shot mainly because of how it was seen at the time. I was not looking up at the sky as the sun broke out from behind the dark clouds, I took it looking into the water of the lake as it happened.

   But isn't that how it is sometimes? We are looking in the wrong place to see the light. We may only see our reflection in the water, see the uncertainties of our situations, but then, even as we are still looking down, we see the sun coming out from behind those dark clouds.

   God is in control.

   Know Him,

   Know That,

   Take Heart and Gain Strength

No comments:

Post a Comment