Monday, January 27, 2014

Only One Arrow

   I come to this time, this morning, with decisions to make. What to do, where to go, when to go, and I look for answers in what I read, in what comes to my mind. Everyday decisions, not earth shattering, one chance decisions, but ones that I want to get right.

   In the course of my reading several passages and in the things that they led me to on the internet, there was this song by Avalon, entitled "I Don't Want to Go", the refrain from this contains the lines:

   I don't want to go somewhere 
If I know that You're not there,
'Cause I know that me without You is a lie.
And I don't want to walk that road,
Be a million miles from home,
Cause my heart needs to be where You are.
So I don't want to go.


   In my mind, and in my comfortable surroundings, I don't want to go, but?

   And then I think about my real question: Do I just not want to leave my comfort zone because I just don't know how the days will pan out if I do take that road?

   I thought about a picture that I took one day in downtown Brunswick, why I don't know, I just did, but it says something to me right now.



   It is only one arrow, pointing up that street. Only one, not a series of signs pointing the way to wherever, only one.

   I want to look up and see more arrows, and most of all see the place they lead to, but in my shot, I see only one.

   But I want to know more, the lay of the land, the weather, the people that inhabit that space, the situations that will arise, all the reasons that will emerge, but there is only one arrow.

   Is that enough?

   If He is there, it is.

   Go and live out the arrow, one day at a time, looking for the next arrow, living it out and trusting the One who put it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment