Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Question: Which Hand to Use?

   At the end of the Psalm reading for this morning was this verse. From Psalm 110:5:

"The Lord is at your right hand"

   I can't but think of the image that I used on Monday, the little boy being led by the father, the boy's right hand in the left hand of the other.



   And I realize that the title of the post on Monday will continue on with this one.

   As I raise my right hand to be led by My Heavenly Father, and put it in His left one, I am taking the hand that I use for almost everything, and take it out of play in my life. I am not sure how all of this applies to one who is left-handed, but it says to me, "give up willingly your source of strength and ability to do things and use Jesus'".

   I have tried on occasion to try to use my left hand to do some ordinary things. Things like eating and writing are time consuming and take much effort, so much so that I do not even want to attempt them.

   If I place my right hand in His left, it still leaves two hands free. My left which is my weaker one and His right which symbolizes His strength.

   How often do I want to take my right hand and work my way through the situations of life, when by giving them all to Him, I can use His strength and guidance to do it right the first time.

   An easy lesson to see as I sit here and read right now, but how hard to remember to do it out there where decisions lie. I need help even to raise my hand and ask for help.

   Right or Left?

   Hold on with my left and use my right, or give up and hold on with my right and let His strength be shown in my weakness?

   As Paul writes in II Corinthians 12:9:

"And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me."

   It is not easy to boast about weakness, when it is my own, but it is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment