Tuesday, January 28, 2014

It All Seemed So Simple, But...

   When I sat down yesterday, with some decisions hanging over me, and as I thought about that "Arrow" picture that I had taken, the whole trust and follow idea seemed to just flow out of my mind and onto the screen of my blog. It seemed so simple, to just see that arrow and take it one step at a time, and follow where it led.

   And I felt comfortable living that way, yesterday.

   But then comes this morning, and my thoughts are all jumbled up. I followed yesterday, and I stand on the threshold of yet another day. A day that will hold more decisions, some mundane, some more profound perhaps, but I can't wrap my head around them.

   I read in the Moravian Daily Text words like "pilgrimage" and read stories like that of Jacob fleeing Esau, going to his mother's people in a far away land on a journey. It relates to me in a way that says that, even a journey like that in my plans, is in fact a small part of the "big journey" of life that I am trying to navigate.

   And I felt comfortable living that way, yesterday.

   If I felt so good about the direction yesterday, and yet feel so "up in the air" this morning, what is God trying to show me? Does a day of trust automatically mean that I've got it from now on?

   Maybe God gave me a clue, but I did not really embrace the lesson.



   There is that arrow again. It still speaks of a journey, and it speaks of a direction, and there is still only one of them. I took its meaning yesterday and thought I had learned. But that was yesterday, and I did feel good about it, and comfortable.

   Just maybe I should have made this arrow larger, and then I would have followed its meaning better and with more confidence.



   But that was yesterday, and today I need the lesson again.

   Oh, God, please be patient....

 



No comments:

Post a Comment